A single project sequesters 100 tons of wet carbon per day in the ground for agricultural Fuels Corp:
- One ton of dry carbon yields 3.67 tons of CO2
- One ton of dry carbon equals two tons of wet carbon
- One tree sequesters 48 pounds of CO2 per year.
(One tree sequesters 48 lbs/2000 lbs per ton per day / 365 days per year)
= 0.0000657 tons / day
- 100 tons of wet carbon per day = 0.5(3.67)100
= 183.5 Tons CO2 per day
- 183.5 Tons CO2 per day / 0.00000657 Tons / Day / Tree
= 2,792,998 trees per day
Your $50 for a One Ton Carbon/ CO2 Offset purchase will sequester as much CO2 as planting 15,220 trees.